prev next

Town Fiestas: More Fun in Lubuagan! (Part I)

Posted on 2/24/2012 by Vi Arboleda

 From March 6 to 9, 2012, the town of Lubuagan in Kalinga will be holding its annual 3-day town fiesta and those who are craving for indigenous performances are encouraged to visit.

It's not as grand as the Panagbenga, but it will allow you to take a sneak peek at the lives of the Lubuagan people's culture.
I'm blessed to have been given the chance to witness this celebration twice, and I'm telling you, those hours on the bus going to and coming from the mountains of Lubuagan was definitely worth it.

That was 3 days of heaven for me - witnessing how young and old men and women celebrate life through music, dance and food.
Let me share a few of the videos I took during the 2011 celebration.














Don't be mislead, though.  Just because we see them still embracing their indigenous culture through these videos doesn't mean that that's all they dance to.  The young (and young at heart) Lubuagan folks are into hiphop and reggae music, too.  You'll be surprised with the dance moves, costumes and props they pull off during their performance.

When you watch them, you'd  think you're just in a provincial town close to Manila and not miles away and in a remote area up in the Cordillera mountains!

This is it for now, folks.

I'll share some more very soon (hopefully a few days before the fiesta itself)
You may also want to read:

3 Response to "Town Fiestas: More Fun in Lubuagan! (Part I)"

.
Anonymous Says....

Hey Enrico,

Thanks for the great video!!! You even have the Congressman with a gong! I love that place and those people!!!

Diane

.
Vi Arboleda Says....

Hello, Diane!

I'm glad to hear that you like the article.

I apologize for the confusion, Enrico is my nephew's name who borrowed my profile for a test blog.

I hope you get to share your photos and videos about Lubuagan, too!

All the best,

Vi Arboleda

.
Anonymous Says....

wla ako masabi napaka ganda ng fiesta dyn sa lubuagan

Leave A Reply